Privacy notice for Poynton Ceilidhs
Poynton Ceilidhs takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
We may ask for your personal information in order to keep you informed of events we run. This may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
Why we need your personal information – lawful basis: consent
If you join our mailing list you agree to receive emails from us. We will use this only for the following purposes:
- To inform you about events run by Poynton Ceilidhs
- To inform you of similar events not run by us which we believe you may be interested in
Why we need your personal information – lawful basis: contract
If you contact us to purchase or reserve tickets for an event we will need to keep and use your personal information to administer your order
Why we need your personal information – lawful basis: legitimate interest
If you are a caller or musician who is performing at one of our events we may use your name in publicity material, including websites and social media.
Who we share your personal information with:
- Members of Poynton Ceilidhs committee
- Stewards and other volunteers assisting with the running of events
- Workshop and event organisers
Third party suppliers with access to personal data
Poynton Ceilidhs may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions, and to protect it.
- We use Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/ for online ticket purchases
- We use Mailchimp http://mailchimp.com to manage our mailing list
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
- Electronic data is stored using third party suppliers as listed above.
- Poynton Ceilidhs’ website is hosted on a private server in the United Kingdom
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with services. If you have signed up to our mailing list we will retain your personal information until you tell us you no longer wish to receive emails from us.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a ‘subject access request’ by emailing us at email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at http://www.ico.org.uk